Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Watercooler Technique Challenge WWC54

Good morning to you all. Marsha decided to give the Watercooler Artists a technique challenge this week.

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.ca/

Have you ever tried to make a Bouncing Brayer card? There are several ways you can do it.

For my version, I laid a couple of pieces of paper towel inside an old stamp case and sprayed it with Stampin' Mist (or mix together a few drops of glycerin rose water with distilled water). Then I used about 3 drops of four different reinkers in a line on the paper towel. Next, I rolled my brayer across the ink until it was coated all the way around. I bounced the brayer across the whisper white cardstock, giving it about a 1/2" roll before lifting for the next bounce. To darken the colours I just went back to the paper towel, rolled it across again. Instead of turning the brayer, I just kept it going in the same direction. I saw this technique in a YouTube video by Amy. She demonstrates the circle version first, then the one I used. Click on her name if you don't see it below:




And here is how my card turned out:


Using paper towels added a bit of dimension to the colours on the card.

stamps: tin of cards
ink: crushed curry, garden green, marina mist, perfect plum, memento black
paper: perfect plum, whisper white
other: 5/8" white organza ribbon, silver rhinestones

 Now if you have some time, check out what the other artists made HERE. You may be surprised at what you see! This is also the spot you can upload your own bouncing brayer card.

That's all folks!

And ... I hope you ...

stampwithbev * every * day

2 comments:

  1. I love your card! It looks sort of tie dyed to me. The color combination is great too. Going across gives a totally different look. Very nice! Thanks for including a tutorial of how you created this. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Bev. What a lovely interpretation of the Bouncing Brayer technique, with the nice wide stripes. Your color combination is really wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete