Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Leaves

"Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn--that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness--that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.”
― Jane Austen, Persuasion

Who knew Jane and I felt the same way about Fall?

Here is a card I made for someone who enjoys the colours of Autumn leaves as much as I do. I've also entered this card into a challenge over at The Paper Plunge. Why not give it a try?



... featuring the set, "For All Things" from the Holiday Catalogue.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!! Welcome Bev, you are our very first (ever) entry to our new challenge site! I love the colors of your card, but I especially love the thin black "frame" - that really sets off the colors inside the frame! Great Job! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Bev! It really is a great way to use this wonderful set! Thank you so much for taking the Plunge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card makes me want to put on a cozy sweater! LOVE that leaf image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, your card is awesome, and we're so excited to have you play along with us this week. I hope you will continue to play with the paper plunge team. Thank you for your lovely submission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all love the Jane Austen quote, how inspiring. I feel that same way about Autumn, it seems to exhilarate my very soul! Your card has a richness in it's layers and warm colours that makes you think of hot chocolate and cozy wraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My FAVORITE time of the year with all the beautiful changing colors! We were all so tickled to have our very FIRST swimmer join us at The Paper Plunge! Thank you for helping us with launching our challenge site. This is such a lovely card with lots of layering of dancing leaves. Happy Stampin'- Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this set! Love how you framed the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Plunge. Hope you will join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete