Saturday, August 2, 2014

Long journeys

Have I mentioned I think I was a ship stewart in a past life? I've always been a bit fascinated by ships and the sea. There's something very natural to me about finding your balance with your sea legs when walking along the decks. I've felt motion sickness in a car but never on a boat. That seems strange I know, but there it is. I've always loved those stories where people make long journeys across the sea to discover new lands and make a new life. I've yet to make a super long journey on a ship, but maybe someday.

See how clouds drift across the moon as sunset creeps along the surface of the choppy waters. It looks like a dolphin or sea urchin is trying to sneak closer to the passing ship. Where is she traveling today?





stamps: traveler
paper: whisper white, coastal cabana
ink: smoky slate, summer starfruit, so saffron, coastal cabana, bermuda bay, lost lagoon, marina mist, crisp cantaloupe, chocolate chip
tools: 1-3/8" punch
techniques: sponging, masking
inspired by: Melissa Banbury

No comments:

Post a Comment