Sunday, July 29, 2012

Serene Summer Blooms

At this time of year it seems as though the flowers are looking their best. They joyfully dance in the breeze, and as they do, the many tones of each colour in the petals flicker with the changing light.
These two cards were the focus of a workshop I did. One is similar to my card in the post "threatening clouds" but obviously the mood is a great deal lighter. Check out that post for instructions.
The second card features a technique I call "streaking". It may have another name but I haven't noticed it specifically. I doubt I am the first to come up with it. It's basically a variation on coloring your stamp with markers. I stamped the flower using the pretty in pink ink pad, them I used the rich razzleberry marker and started near the center "streaking" outward like a sunburst around the flower. It looks a little different every time!


Stamps: serene silhouettes, blooming with kindness (sentiment)
Ink: chocolate chip, pool party, raspberry ripple, primrose petals, crumb cake
Paper: whisper white, primrose petals, pool party
Accessories/tools/techniques: rhinestone, polka dot e.f., sponging, big shot


Stamps: blooming with kindness, teeny, tiny wishes
Ink: pretty in pink, rich razzleberry
Paper: pretty in pink, rich razzleberry, whisper white
Accessories/tools/techniques: 1/2" scallop dots ribbon (pretty in pink), 3/8" stitched satin ribbon (gumball green), fancy fan e.f., big shot, word window and modern label punch, streaking

No comments:

Post a Comment