Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Butterflies are Beautiful and Anything Goes

This week's challenge is Anything Goes. That means whatever you are working on creatively, let's see it!



Some of you know how much I love butterflies. I love to see, watch, and think about them. I recently came up with a "Bevism" which I do from time to time, on my personal facebook page. The one I created about butterflies is this:

All butterflies are beautiful ... 
especially the people kind ... 
just for today, look for YOUR butterfly inside of you. 
-- a Bevism, just for you

And since in this challenge you can do whatever you like, I decided to print some of this Bevism on the front of the card with a sharpie.

I created the background for the butterfly using blushing bride ink with one of textured stamps from Timeless Textures (love that set).  Then I used my blender pen and so saffron ink to fill in some of the white space. 
For the butterfly I only used two colours: elegant eggplant for the two outer stamps and wisteria wonder for the inside of the butterfly. On the edges I used my blender pen and a little of each the blushing bride and so saffron inks. I think the rest is easy to figure out, but let me know if you have any questions!

stamps: amazing trio, timeless textures, watercolor wings
paper: crumb cake, elegant eggplant, love blossoms dsp stack, whisper white
ink: elegant eggplant, wisteria wonder, blushing bride, so saffron, basic black, crumb cake
other: washi label punch, bold butterflies framelits, pearls, blender pen
Well, I hope you take the time to go over to the Watercooler to see what the other artists have created. And then, if you have some more time, please upload something you have created recently. It doesn't even have to be a card -- just saying --

That's all folks!

And ... I hope you ...

stampwithbev * every * day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment