Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Inspiration Challenge

Today is Remembrance Day. This poem is recited on this day in Canada. This, and other pertinent information can be found HERE.

The Ode of Remembrance 

They went with songs to the battle, they were young. 
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. 
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, 
They fell with their faces to the foe. 
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. 
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, 
We will remember them. 

Lest we forget.

*******

In this world where there is so much to remind us how far from world peace we are, I take solace in creativity. I feel that with each card, photo, painting, poem, dance, song, and act of kindness, we inch closer to the peace we all crave.

What inspires you?

Here is a picture of a living room I found on google images. It is my submission for this week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Perhaps for you it does not inspire a sense of peace. But for me, the colours, lines and images provide some solace which help me think more clearly. With any luck, I will be in a better frame of mind allowing me to be kinder to those around me.



Here is my card:


stamps: talented trio (sentiment), flowering flourishes
paper: tempting turquoise, basic black, whisper white, pear pizzaz
ink: tempting turquoise, memento black, pear pizzaz
other: mini silver brads

If you are inspired. please join us. You can see what the other artists have created and upload your own creation HERE.

Hope you have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment