Sunday, July 19, 2015

Card Class Carryall using the Stampin' Up! Gift Bag Punch Board

I'm really liking this Gift Bag Punch Board. Bags are super easy. But, of course, I can't possibly limit myself to easy, oh no! I have to find more things I can make with this nifty tool. As usual I do some google, blog, gallery, and youtube searches. One very smart lady, Sara Levin, has come up with some neat ideas including what she calls an A2 Size Bag. She also made a video for it which I have included at the end of this post.

I decided to change some dimensions as I wanted cards to stay hidden inside the bag. Therefore I needed to modify the process to reflect these changes. Many people do not have or purchase 12"x12" paper, so for this project, you will need to use two pieces of cardstock and put them together. I also used the new whisper white thick cardstock. This bag is very stable!


Supplies you will need:

stamps: flower patch
paper: whisper white thick (bag), real red, whisper white (for sentiment), English garden dsp
ink: real red, gold embossing powder
tools/accessories: gift bag punch board, butterflies thinlits, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 1/4" cotton real red ribbon

Now here are the instructions for making my card class carryall:

Then you simply decorate to suit the occasion. I used the largest butterfly thinlit on whisper white cardstock and embosssed it with gold embossing powder.

Below is Sara's video:


If you don't see a video above, click HERE for the direct link.



No comments:

Post a Comment