Sunday, June 28, 2015

Butterfly in Iris Twist Clothing

A tough challenge for me today. Jackie presented us with something called an Iris Twist. Now I had never heard of that before! Luckily, Jackie provided us with a LINK on Splitcoaststampers explaining the basic How To. Next, I did a google search typing in IRIS TWIST PATTERNS and found many ideas and links to Pinterest examples and images of actual patterns you can copy. Also there are several YouTube videos. Some are "real" twists and others are "faux" twists.

A very interesting technique to be sure. Still it took me a very, very long time to come up with something. I am still not sure I like it, but I'm sticking with my initial idea. The creative process is such that sometimes you just have to try and be satisfied for now. Later, perhaps, I will revisit the technique and make something that I find truly inspiring. My creativity is always a work in progress.




stamps: butterfly basics, papillon potpourri
ink: memento black, mint macaron
paper: mint macaron * NEW *, blushing bride, whisper white, melon mambo, basic black, English garden dsp, * NEW *, gold foil from "tin of cards project kit" * NEW *
other: 1" cucumber crush dotted lace trim * NEW *, butterfly thinlit

Hope you have the chance to stop by to view what the other artists created at WATERCOOLER CHALLENGES. And, if you like, upload a copy of your Iris Twist creation.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment