Sunday, January 18, 2015

Wishing you a butterfly day

I love a day of exploration. Following your thoughts and intuition can lead you in surprising directions:

"How does one become a butterfly?
You must want to fly so much 
that you are willing to give up 
being a caterpillar." 
*** Trina Paulus ***

Trina Paulus is the author of Hope for the Flowers, a novel "for adults and others (including caterpillars who can read). (source: Wikipedia)

According to her website, she raises Monarch butterflies to increase the population and "encourage others to personally experience the miracle of transformation."

This is my first tri-fold shutter card:





stamps: butterfly basics
paper: cherry cobbler, trim the tree dsp pack (retired), whisper white, crisp cantaloupe, gold glimmer paper
ink: crumb cake, cherry cobbler, crisp cantaloupe, old olive
other: butterflies thinlits, Big Shot

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Bev. It's been far too long since I made tri-fold shutter cards and this just makes me itch to get out my template. The Butterfly Basics really lends itself beautifully to the design. I especially love the way you've filled the negative space where you cut out the butterfly with a die-cut Gold Glimmer butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I will definitely be using this design again. There are so many ways to use it.

      Delete