Saturday, January 31, 2015

EOS lip balm holder for Valentine's Day

Well good day to all of you! I've been looking around for instructions to make a cute gift holder for the ergonomic EOS lip balms. I came across a couple of candidates: Cindy has THIS one. These were great starting points for me. Thanks! Another demo named Connie had a great tutorial, however, that video is no longer available. I used elements from each to create my own holder.

The ladies at my class seemed to really like the idea and I hope you do too!


stamps: butterfly basics, perfect pennants
paper: calypso coral, whisper white, bermuda bay, Best Year Ever DSP
ink: crisp cataloupe, bermuda bay
accessories: crushed curry 1/8" taffeta ribbon
tools: envelope punch board, scalloped tag topper punch, extra-large oval punch, 1-1/2" circle framelit, 2" and 1-3/4" circle punches, hearts border punch

To make the base for the lip balm, I used the envelope punch board. Now if you haven't tried Joanne's box buster, you really should. You can make virtually any sized box on the envelope punch board with her site as long as you have an idea of the height, width and depth of the box you want.  Go to this LINK to try it out in millimeters or inches!

For this project, Joanne's site told me to use a 4-3/8" square piece of cardstock.
Score and punch at 1-3/4 and 2-5/8 on one side then follow the score lines to punch and score on the other 3 sides.

Use the 1-1/2" circle framelit to make the hole in the middle for the lip balm to sit on. Then fold up your score lines and make up the box.

Next take a 11" x 2" piece of designer series paper. I used the new Best Year Ever dsp from the Sale-a-bration catalogue. Score this piece at 4-1/2" and 6-1/2"; then punch both ends in the scalloped tag topper punch.

Glue the base to the center portion of your DSP holder.

I used the extra-large oval resting on the base to create the "window".

The rest, I think, is self explanatory. If you have any questions, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment