Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blossoms everywhere

Wow!  I can't believe I haven't updated this blog for awhile.  Blogger has changed again so this post will look different.  Here are a few things I have been working on.  A bookmark that includes all the lovely new incolors, and a couple of cards using the new sets Betsy's Blossoms and Bright Blossoms.

Ink:  Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals,
Raspberry Ripple; Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White;
Ribbon:  Daffodil Delight seam binding

I loved using the emboss resist here with the big flower
and the summer starfruit ink.  It muted the yellow just enough with
the clear embossing powder.  It is difficult to see here but I used the "thumping"
technique on the wings of the bird in summer starfruit.
Ink:  Crumb Cake and the Incolors; Ribbon:  Gumball Green stitched satin







I purchased some self-laminating pouches from an office supply store, cut them down, inserted my completed bookmark, and ran it through the Big Shot.  It doesn't adhere the best ... maybe next year I will get a small laminating machine.  I gave these bookmarks to my loyal customers to use in their catalogue.  It serves as an example of all the new incolors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment