Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Printed Petals Birthday Card



This is my newest stamp set and I love it!  And luckily ... this set is not retiring -- will be available in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue.

The stamp I used for this card can be punched out with the 1-3/4" scallop punch.

I can't help but continue to use old cardstock and colours.  I guess it is partly the idea that I don't want to waste supplies.  You know, it also gives a slightly different look to cards.  Otherwise everyone's cards start looking the same.  Well that's what I think anyway!  The design stamp in the wasabi (green) at the top right is from the Priceless set which is retiring.  :(  It is still one of my favourite sets.  If you have it you know what I mean.

I get a lot of my inspiration from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ You don't have to be a member to look at most of the wonderful projects people share.  If you get a chance, do check it out.

Here is a link to Jill's card which inspired me:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1900387?&cat=500&ppuser=96089


Here is a picture of most of the supplies I used.  Missing is the regal rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon.  I'm still out of vanilla and whisper white cardstock from SU so I've substituted c.s. by Reflections.

Other cardstock used:  crushed curry (retired) and basic gray.

Phew!  A very long post today.  I hope you like my card.  I'll have to show you some time how I made that bow.  I've been shown before but somehow I keep forgetting.  I think it is because it is SOOOOO easy!  Anyway, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment