Friday, June 3, 2011

First Card Upload


I made this card recently, trying out a technique called Plaid Silhouette.
The more contrast there is with the colours, the more effective the result.

I used bukaroo blue and wild wasabi ink for the plaid effect, white craft ink for the background leaves on the marina mist card stock; certainly celery, marina mist, vanilla, and wild wasabi card stock.

The image set is called Paradise and the sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set.

All supplies from Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

  1. I see I have some reactions, YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I figured out the glitch on your site! SOOO...here I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work on this card. Welcome to blogging. I am new too. Moved and lost my mojo. It is coming back...thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jeanne! I'll have more on here soon. I've made several cards. I may wait until after I show them at my creative circle group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That technique is really pretty! Do you usually use dye ink or pigment ink?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celina: The background leaves in white I used Stampin' Up! whisper white pigment ink. The plaid effect was created with Stampin' Up! dye inks.

    ReplyDelete